I thought it might be fun to do something a little different this week. Since summertime can often mean more time to read for pleasure, I thought I would include some of my top authors and books for your consideration. Enjoy a review of books I love!
Books I Love
- Sally Hepworth. Hepworth is a bestselling author from Australia who has a knack for weaving a little comedy, a little family drama, and a little thriller into one intricate story. So far I have read all of her books with the exception of her newest title, The Younger Wife. Each one has kept me on the edge of my seat.
- Kristin Hannah. Hannah is a well-known bestselling author whose stories can be both devastating and encouraging in the same breath. Her newest book, The Four Winds, weaves a tale that takes place during the Great Depression. While not an easy read, this story shares insight into the grit and bravery these men and women portrayed each day.
- Christine Pride and Jo Piazza. These two authors collaborated on the book, We are Not Like Them. This story tells the tale of friendship, racism, and the love of two people who desperately try to see past it.
- Reese Witherspoon. Best known for her acting and activism, Witherspoon is also the author of a lovely book, Whiskey in a Teacup. This book is funny, inspiring, and beautiful in so many ways. I actually keep a copy in my office as part of my decor.
- Emily Ley. Ley is the founder of The Simplified Planner but is also a best-selling author of several books. These books offer practical and actionable steps for reclaiming your life. Ley uses her life experiences as a springboard for her stories. They are a must-read.
As you can imagine, there are many more books that could be added to this list. But here is a small sample of the books I love. I am always looking for new stories. Share with us in the comments. What are you reading now?