“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
Good teachers are the backbone of society. They inspire, encourage, and create a safe place for children to learn. We can all remember our favorite teacher. Mine was my high school french teacher. She was a soft spot to land during my tumultuous teenage years and a big part of who I am today. So in honor of the good ones, today we are going to go over simple ways to show teachers’ appreciation.
Simple Ways to Show Teachers’ Appreciation
- Invite your child to write a letter or draw a picture.
- Send an email to their supervisor complimenting them on their hard work. CC the teacher so they know it was sent.
- Buy them lunch and drop it off at the school. Not having to pack lunch is a huge gift.
- Pull some other parents together and purchase a larger gift card to their favorite restaurant.
- Purchase much-needed school supplies.
- Send in their favorite snack or drink. Coffee is always appreciated.
- Buy donuts for the class and have an appreciation breakfast.
- Volunteer to organize the bookshelves in the room.
- Buy a new book for the class library.
- Send an e-card to brighten their day. This is free and only takes a few moments.
- Purchase a gift card for a manicure or pedicure.
- Send in a small gift card for a coffee or ice cream. Ice cream is perfect for a tough day.
- Decorate the classroom door with notes of appreciation
- Plant a tree in your teacher’s honor. Check out the Arbor’s Day Foundation for ideas.
These are some simple ways to show teachers’ appreciation. As you can see, some cost time and others cost money. But I promise you, all of them will be appreciated. How are you showing your teachers appreciation?